Sterling Bank is a commercial bank with its headquarters in Marina, Lagos Nigeria. With 161 branches and almost 900 ATM terminals across the nation, Sterling Bank is one of the banks with a wide branch coverage in Nigeria.
Sterling *822# is Sterling Bank’s USSD service. This product provides banking services such as airtime recharge, transfers, bill payments, and more.
Sterling Bank has a lot of services to help its retail customers with transactions without stepping their feet in any banking hall, they do it well too. The 822 service is easy to use, fast and convenient.
This article will be focused on Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Code and how it’s used. Frequently asked questions like ‘how do I recharge with sterling bank code?’ ‘how do I transfer with 822? …and so on, will also be addressed.
What is Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Code?
Sterling Bank USSD Code is *822#.
What you don’t need
- A smart phone
What you need
- A mobile phone
- An account with Sterling Bank
Features of Sterling Bank Transfer Code *822#
- The service is available to all Telco (Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9Mobile).
- Customers transact directly from their Sterling account.
- Reliable network at customer location is required to access service.
- Available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- Customers can purchase airtime, pay bills, make transfers to any bank account in Nigeria.
- Customer is required to create transaction PIN for secure transactions.
- Default limit at registration is N20,000.
- Customers who wish to increase their limit can do so with their debit card, to a maximum of N100,000 per transaction.
- An additional PIN is required to transact with higher limits (Above N20,000 up to N100,000).
How to Register Sterling Bank USSD Code on your Phone
First of all, the registration for the Sterling Bank USSD service is FREE OF CHARGE. Once you have your Sterling Bank account number, you can hop directly on this code to start using it.
- Dial *822#
- Choose Option 1 (Registration)
- Enter your Account Number
- Enter the last 4 digits of your ATM Card number
- Create a 4-digit PIN
- Confirm your 4-digit PIN
- Click Submit
How to Use Sterling Bank USSD Mobile Banking Code
Here, we are going to show you a few things you can do with the Sterling Bank USSD code (*822#):
|Transaction Type||Sterling Bank USSD Code (822)|
|Recharge airtime (self)||*822*amount#|
|Open new Sterling Bank account||*822*7#|
|Pay bills with Sterling Bank||*822*2#|
|Buy airtime for another phone number||*822*amount*phone number#|
|Transfer money to any bank (including Sterling Bank accounts)||*822*amount*account number#|
|Manage your cards with Sterling Bank||*822*19#|
|Card-less withdrawal code||*822*42#|
|Check balance/BVN/account number||*822*6#|
Transfer money from Sterling Bank to another Sterling Bank customer using *822#
Dial #822*4*amount*account number# (e.g. *822*4*3000*080664566#).
Transfer money from Sterling Bank to another bank customer using *822#
Dial #822*5*amount*account number# (e.g. *822*5*3000*080664566#).
Buy airtime for yourself with *822#
Dial *822*amount# (e.g. *822*3000#).
You can also use the Sterling Bank USSD code to do other things like:
- Block your debit card
- Open an account
- Check account number
- Request non-interest loan
- Change PIN
- Buy mobile data
- Change Language
…and so on.
Tags: how to activate sterling bank ussd code, how do I check my sterling bank balance, how do I transfer money from sterling bank, ussd pin, sterling bank ussd airtime, sterling onebank app, sterling bank mobile banking, sterling bank ussd loan