Standard Bank is a major South African financial institution that was formed in 1862. With its corporate headquarters in Johannesburg, Standard Bank stands tall as Africa’s biggest lender by assets.
On 21 August 2007, and in Nigeria, Standard Bank Group acquired controlling interest in IBTC Chartered Bank founded by the merger of the International Banking & Trust Company Plc and Chartered Bank Plc. This gave subsidiary Stanbic IBTC Holdings significant presence in the Nigerian market.
This article will provide its reader with vital information on how to download, register, and use the bank’s mobile banking app for banking transactions. The Standard Bank Online Mobile Banking App has a colourful user interface, and is also quite effective.
GETTING INTERESTING? Also read: UBA New Mobile App, Introduces Groundbreaking Features
How to Register for Standard Bank’s Mobile Banking
- Start by installing the app. You can find the mobile banking App on the App Store for iPhone, or Google Play for Android. Search for “Standard Bank”. Click “install” and open the app once it’s complete.
- Click “Register” to register your account details.
- You’ll be asked where you are registering from. Click on “Home or Work”.
- Create your profile. Click the “Email address” field and enter your email address.
- Choose a password. Your password must be at least 7 or more alphanumeric characters to ensure maximum security.
- Wait for a One-Time Password (OTP) which would be sent to your registered email address you specified. Punch the OTP in the app once you get it.
- Once you’ve successfully verified your account, choose how to sign in by clicking “Setup Sign-In”.
- At this point, you will be required to create an App Code. This is a code that will be used as the main gateway code when randomly logging in to the Standard Bank Online Mobile Banking App.
- Enter the App code, and re-enter it.
- Submit. The App will display “Setup Complete”. Once this is done, you can now tap “Ok” and proceed to login.