Just like UBA’s Uba Moni, and Access Bank’s Closa, Ecobank has also rolled out its own Agency Banking arm – The Xpress Point. Ecobank has handed individuals “mini-bank” for their immediate neighbourhoods. Ecobank Xpress Points are Ecobank-approved locations where simple banking transactions are carried out without a travel to the banking hall.
This article is a guide on how you, an Ecobank Xpress Point agent, can get/apply and set up a POS (Point of Sales) terminal for withdrawal, transfer, deposit, and so on in Nigeria. With this, you can generate more income as an agent in your neighbourhood.
Ecobank XpressPoints are present in all the countries where the bank has presence. Ecobank Xpress Points are available in: Benin, Cameroon, Gabon, Guinea Conakry, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
Once you successfully sign up to become an Ecobank Xpress Point agent, you can then begin to enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
Qualifications/Requirements to Get an Ecobank Xpress Point POS in Nigeria?
Have you been wondering and asking people around on how to qualify to get an Ecobank Xpress Point POS? This article is your answer. To successfully qualify to register as Ecobank Xpress Point agent, you must first have the following requirements:
You must first have at least a balance of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira), or its equivalent in another currency in your Ecobank Standard Account.
- A smartphone (Android)
- CCTV and printer (for international transfer agents only)
- Passport photo
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Valid means of Identification (NIN, Driver’s License, Voter’s Card, or International Passport)
- Recent utility bills (3 months)
- Have a physical address that is not too close to another Ecobank Xpress Point agent.
- 2 references
- Agents must be familiar with the transaction patterns and user interface of the app. So, you must be able to perform multiple transactions using the smart POS to be deployed to you.
Standard Ecobank Account
- You must have a standard current or savings account with Ecobank. You can open this account at any branch of Ecobank. If you have an existing account, you can present it too. If what you have is a ‘student account’, you need to visit any Ecobank to upgrade the account to be useful for this purpose.
- Your relationship with the bank must be on a non-borrowing basis i.e., you should not have any loan with Ecobank.
How to Register to become an Agent of Ecobank Xpress Point and Get a POS Machine?
You can apply to be an Ecobank Xpress Point agent in two (2) ways outlined below:
- Visit Ecobank Xpress Point Agents Portal
- Scroll down and click Apply Online
- Fill all the fields appropriately
- Agree to terms and conditions
**Upon receipt of your application, a bank representative will contact you within 72 hours.
Fill a Form
- Download the Ecobank Xpress Point Agency Form
- Print the form
- Fill the form
- Submit to any Ecobank branch
Once the application is successfully processed and accepted, the POS device will be handed to you to start your business.
Where and How Do I Download the Ecobank XpressPoint app?
The application is only available on Android for now. You can download the Ecobank XpressPoint app HERE.
How Much Do I Need to Apply for Ecobank XpressPoint POS Machine in Nigeria?
The Ecobank XpressPoint POS price is N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only).
After I apply, when will I get the Ecobank XpressPoint POS Machine?
How do I locate the nearest Ecobank XpressPoint agent?
You can find the nearest Ecobank Xpress Point agent near you by visiting this link.
Which business types are are exempted from serving as Ecobank XpressPoint agents?
Bureau De Change (BDCs), Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Faith-based Organisations (Churches, Mosques etc.), Educations Organisations (Schools, Institutes), and NGOs.
What are the Ecobank XpressPoint POS charges and commission structure?
Ecobank XpressPoint POS charges and commission structure vary by the volume of the transaction done via the terminal.
What if I have an issue with the POS device afterwards?
You will be attached to a cluster of other agents on a social platform where you can share ideas and issues. You will also be attached to an aggregator who will monitor your metrics and handle your complaints.
For issues and inquiries, contact Ecobank XpressPoint via email on [email protected], or call 01-277 2901.