A prepaid card is a payment card whose monetary value is stored on the card itself, not in a bank account. This means no network access is required by the payment collection terminals to complete transactions as funds can be deposited and subsequently withdrawn straight from the card. Personally, I feel the UBA Prepaid card leads its peers in Nigeria, this is because of its famed efficiency and speed.
The UBA Prepaid card is a re-loadable card that can be used to get cash, pay bills, and make purchases online. Do you know that the UBA prepaid card can be used from anywhere in the world? Yes, Visa cards have international acceptance in over 200 countries in the world.
The UBA prepaid card has unique features that differentiate it from a debit card. The UBA Prepaid card uses gtpsecurecard services. However, the most noteworthy feature is that this card does not need a bank account to function. It is available in Naira, USD, GBP and Yen variants. These cards are tied to your BVN at issuance, so one can only own one at any given time. With a validity period of 36 months and an extra fiber in the card hardware, the UBA prepaid card is more durable when compared to competition.
RELATED POST: UBA DONATES N5BILLION TO AFRICA TO FIGHT AGAINST COVID19
Why Use the UBA Prepaid Card?
- 24/7 access to funds from anywhere in the world
- Speed of light transaction completion rate
- Stand-alone. Not associated with any bank account
- Safe and secure to use
- It can be used on various channels for local and international transactions
- It is secured with two PINs: the web, ATM and POS PINs
- UBA prepaid cards can be funded in any UBA business office or via UBA mobile and internet banking platforms.
Types of UBA Prepaid Card
The UBA prepaid card is categorised according to KYC (Know Your Customer). KYC is determined based on how a customer is profiled and documents presented at the time of issuance.
We have the:
Local Low prepaid card
Works only within Nigeria. Threshold is low.
Local High prepaid card
Works only within Nigeria. Threshold is high.
International Low prepaid card
Works within Nigeria and the rest of the world. Threshold is low.
International High prepaid card
Works within Nigeria and the rest of the world. Threshold is high
Documents needed to get a UBA Prepaid Card
For High KYC:
- A recent utility bill
- A valid identification card
- Card issuance fee (N1,050)
- Completed Card Request Form
For Low KYC:
- Card issuance fee (N1,050)
- Completed Card Request Form
The high KYC UBA prepaid card can be used for all types of card transactions both locally and internationally. This card can only be loaded with a maximum of 4 million naira per quarter. The low prepaid card can only be used withing Nigeria.
How to Get a UBA Prepaid Card in Minutes
- Get your documents stated above ready
- Walk into any UBA Business Office
- Approach a customer care officer
- Present your identification card and your recent utility bill
- Complete the Card Request Form
It takes approximately 3-4 minutes for a new prepaid card issuance, so wait a bit and receive your card.
How to Activate UBA Prepaid Card (Africard)
- Fund the newly-issued card via any UBA teller point or any of the UBA online banking platforms using the Client ID (at least N1050)
- Go to any UBA-powered ATM
- Slot your card in
- Enter your ATM default PIN (as stated in the card package)
- You will be prompted to enter a new PIN
- Now, enter your personalized 4-digit PIN
- Re-enter the 4-digit pin
Once you have activated the UBA Prepaid card, it is ready for usage.
How to Fund/Top-Up the UBA Prepaid Africard
You can fund the UBA prepaid Africard in different ways. From the methods highlighted below, you can choose whichever method is most convenient for you. I’d advise that you also have a UBA account to help with the funding.
Through your UBA Mobile Banking App
You can fund your UBA prepaid Africard using your mobile banking app with ease. Before you attempt to fund the card, make sure you have a UBA account and also the card on the mobile banking platform. Below is how to transfer money to your UBA prepaid Africard on UBA mobile banking app:
- Fund your UBA Bank Account
- Login to your mobile banking app
- Choose Banking
- Navigate to the source account (where you want to transfer the money from)
- Click Send Money
- Select Own Account
- Select your Prepaid Card as receiving account
- Enter Amount
- Enter narration
- Click transfer
See how to add your UBA prepaid Africard to your mobile banking app here:
Through your USSD transfer code (*919#)
- Dial *919#
- Select 6 – Transfer to UBA Prepaid Card
- Enter your PIN
- Select source account
- Enter your card client id (full 10 digits). You can find the client id at the back (bottom left) of the Africard.
- Enter amount
Through the Bank Teller (Cash)
- Fill a normal deposit slip
- Enter your card client id (full 10 digits) in place of account number. You can find the client id at the back (bottom left) of the Africard.
- Give the cash and the slip to the bank teller to process.
Benefits of the UBA Prepaid Card
The UBA prepaid card draws from itself, so transactions are remarkably faster – you will feel this on a whole new level when you initiate an online transaction with the card as it debits itself and complete your transaction within 2 minutes.
Safe and Secure Shopping
This is a tip. The card can be loaded with the exact amount you need to shop with.
Since the card is not linked to your main savings accounts, the risk and loss one could suffer if the card is hacked into via an unprotected website is zero.
The UBA prepaid card can be easily replaced. Things to do if you lose your card:
- Call the UBA Customer Care immediately to block the card to avoid fraudulent transactions on the account.
- Visit a UBA business office with the required documents to request for a replacement.
The UBA Prepaid Card can be used as a Gift Card
The UBA prepaid card can be issued as a gift. This is a more bespoke way to hand in gifts to deserving special ones. Better than cash.
The UBA prepaid card has no boundaries. It is powered by Visa which is available in over 200 countries of the world. The card is powered by VISA and Gtpsecurecard. This card is your reliable travel buddy which gives you unlimited freedom 24/7 anywhere in the world.
Branded UBA prepaid cards can be issued to employees of organisations specifically to disburse monthly salaries, weekly, or daily wages to their various employees. This variant of the UBA prepaid card can be tied to the organisation’s profile.
Taste and Personalisation
The UBA prepaid card’s outlook can be modified to what a customer wants. Hence, it will be crucial for corporate campaigns, branding, or just individual personalisation.
The UBA Prepaid Card can be used as an Expense Card
The UBA prepaid card can be useful for personal, small and medium enterprises’ audits. It does not only serve as a disbursement channel for major projects, it can also help curb excessive and unnecessary spending. For an individual, the prepaid card can serve as a stipend purse which could be preloaded weekly with a fixed amount to cut spending.
UBA Prepaid card Online Portal Features
- View card activity/statement
- View balance
- Funds transfer
- Phone number update
- Email address modification